I hadn't been to the grocery store since early last week - so come Friday the pickins' were slim..... I went to one of my trusty recipe sites and entered 'shrimp' and 'zucchini'. Orzo with Grilled Shrimp, Summer Vegetables, and Pesto Vinaigrette caught my eye - but I didn't have everything I needed - so I just used it for inspiration.
1. Threw some long grain brown rice in the rice cooker with a couple (big) shakes of Garlic N Just Herb Pepper and Lemon & Herb Blend*.
2. Slice squash and zucchini in long strips, mix 2T red wine vinegar w/ 2T EVOO, brush strips, sprinkle with S & P, grill.
3. Peel/devain about 1lb shrimp, mix 2T red wine vinegar, 3 1/2T EVOO, 3T pesto, 2T lime juice to make vinaigrette, add 2T of vinaigrette to shrimp and toss to coat, skewer and grill.
4. Toss cooked rice with remaining vinaigrette - serve with shrimp and veggies!
Super simple, quick, and screams summertime!
*Just Herbs will be at Steppin' Out in less than 4 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment