Pancakes!!!

My go to homemade pancake recipes!!

1. The Dannon large yogurt containers have some pretty tasty recipes on top.... like Tarragon Chicken Salad and Creamy Salsa Dip. A couple weeks ago I noticed a recipe for Cornmeal Griddlecakes that reminded me of some DELICIOUS pancakes I had in Thailand made with cornmeal. They did not disappoint. Super Yum! I substitute Craisins for raisins.

2. I've been reading Mark Bittman's Food Matters this past month - the second half is full (over 165 pages!) of recipes. The Whole Grain Pancakes is a great 'base' recipe - it lays out lots of 'options' for add-ins. Saturday I skipped the coriander, doubled the cinnamon, added 1/2 cup cornmeal, 2T ground flaxseed, and 1/2 cup pecans! Next time I'll try it with oats and blueberries! Another bonus - it's all ingredients I normally have on hand :)

    a. Replace 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour with cornmeal, rolled oats, or oat or wheat bran.

    b. Add 2T of flaxseed.

    c. Add up to 1/2 cup and light, cooked grains like couscous, millet, or quinoa; freshly grated orange or lemon zest; chopped nuts; berries or sliced bananas; unsweetened shredded coconut or chopped dried fruit.

(You can also turn this recipe into an exotic bread replacement - Omit the sugar, increase the salt a bit, replace the cinnamon with cumin, and serve the pancakes as flatbreads with soups, stews, or salads!)

3. Last but not least - old faithful. I've been making these Hearty Oatmeal Pancakes for years! The only issue is I don't normally have buttermilk on hand - so I have to plan ahead!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.