Anniversaries

Dates that are ingrained in your mind forever. April seems to have more than it's fair share - this week especially. Some celebrations, some heartbreaking, and others bittersweet.

April 11 - T's Moms birthday
April 13 - Anniversary of my dad passing
April 13 - T's cousin Sophie's 11th Birthday
April 15 - T's sister Eliza's 13th Birthday
April 16 - Anniversary of Virginia Tech Tragedy
April 17 - Todd's Birthday
April 18 - Anniversary of a high school friend attempting suicide.

Can't believe it's been three years since I saw the cop cars outside of West AJ as I cut through campus on my way to work. My assumption was a kid with alcohol poisoning or some other 'mischief'. Never could I have imagined how the day would unfold.

My favorite quote heard today "While 32 of our friends try to explain to heaven what a Hokie is, I stand here sure in the fact that I wouldn't want to be anything else."

This blog is worth the read: Coleman Collins remembers Virginia Tech's tragedy

We are Virginia Tech.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.