A name for a little lady

Wow - who woulda thunk finding the perfect name for our little one would be so difficult. I've been jotting down and lovin on names since I was in high school - surely I would have a great list to choose from. There's a difference between names I like (even love!) and names I'd consider using. We don't want to use anything too popular - but... it needs to be easy to spell and pronounce.

We started out with a head start for a little girl since there will be (if we are so blessed) an Alta #4. I may have disliked this name for some of my life - but have grown up to cherish it and the bond I share with Alta #1 and #2. I love the tradition of passing on family names! Hopefully a little girl of ours will feel the same way!

So our only task was finding a name we *both* loved to go with Alta. I poured through a couple name books making lists of possibilities and fell head over heels for the name. It's fun, feminine, unique, and perfect. I can't wait to share it with the world should this little one be a girl :) Funny it just happens to follow our naming MO too :)

There are so many precious names for girls - I found MANY I'd love to use. So many in fact we already have a name for a second little girl squared away :) Watch us only have boys!

For entertainment here's a sprinkling of names I loved but for one reason or another didn't make the final cut. I starred my absolute favorites!

Amelia
Lila
Maisie
Livia*
Talia
Clara
Mabel
Norah
Lola
Finley*
Elsie
Silvia*
Maelle
Charis
Reese

Now boy names - totally different story.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.