Operation: 10 miler (week 3)

Week 3 is in the books. Only 7 more to go! ugh.

I'm holding steady with 4 workouts per week - which has me pretty thrilled considering how hectic life is right now! I can totally see the benefits from making the time for exercise though. Helping me plan my days better, getting out of the house, a break from 'mommyhood', PLUS I get exercise! I'm a happier person.

Tuesday's 3 mile run ended up happening at the gym. I try to keep myself entertained on the treadmill by changing up my speed every minute or two. Makes the time go by faster. The first two miles I did 2 min at 6mph then 1 min at 5.8 - repeat. The final mile I pushed a little harder and alternated between 6mph and 6.1 - I know BIG difference :) I actually spent about 7 minutes at the 6.1 pace. It felt good. I followed the run up with some grapevines and shuffle steps on the indoor track. Trying to strengthen my hip muscles - it taking them a while to recover from the childbearing stress.

By now you should know I'm not aiming for speed - just to complete each training run and complete the 10 mile run at the end. By 'complete' I mean without walking :) Each long run is one step closer to that goal. Today was the first time I've run 4 miles in a LONG LONG TIME. Maybe 2 years. And it felt GOOD. Granted my time was 43 minutes so I definitely didn't push myself. But gosh darn-it there are nothing but hills around here. The first two miles were 10:15ish. The final mile included a 1/2 mile CLIMB. I didn't feel my legs telling me to JUST STOP until the last 1/4 mile. I finished with a smile on my face. What a beautiful day to enjoy the fresh air too!

Once indoor is over I plan to add an interval day and see if I can't get a little bit of speed back :) (maybe 'speed' isn't the correct term)

The swim was good. Soccer was eh. I've lost a lot of muscle in my legs and it sucks stinks (sorry mom!). I feel like I can't even kick the ball sometimes. It's sad. Need to do lots of strengthening and passing before outdoor begins. My hips are KILLING me with all the cutting side to side as well. I'm not really sure what the best fix for this is? I guess they'll get better the more I play :)

My training program increases weekly for 3 weeks and then takes a step back! Woohoo. This will be a light week for running. Only one 2 mile run! The real workout will be 3 days of Snowboarding this weekend. I'm so stoked to spend 4 days with our friends on the mtn!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.