saying goodbye

9.5 years is more than a chapter, it feels like a volume in my life 'series' is coming to a close.

I remember back in 2001 the excitement I felt at the opportunity to move back to Blacksburg. (I'd only been gone 2 months and I really didn't want to live in Northern Virginia.) My dad was a little worried I was taking a job with such a small company – but the risk was worth it – web development... in Blacksburg... plus it was my only offer :) I often joke God lights my path by only opening one door at a time. He's knows I can't handle more than that. He definitely had his and in this.

I accepted a 'job' – but what I got was a family. I can't put into words how blessed I've felt to work for Internet Databases these past 9.5 years. Barry has been a boss, mentor, role model, and friend. He took me under his wing as a fresh college graduate and has guided me through my career. He's seen me through some major life changes – my dad losing his battle with cancer – getting married – becoming a mom. He's put up with my craziness and creative vacation scheduling :)

Jeff is a second big brother. Always having time to 'help' me with a question or project. Hitting the town together in our single days. Trading gardening stories. Football tailgates. Nashville. Coming to my rescue when I run a query that crashes the database. Irish car bombs :) A super smart, fun, compassionate friend – I know he'll always be there for me!

ColdFusion Conferences, Army User Groups, High Point Markets, Las Vegas Markets, Payday Lunches, Birthday Lunches, Christmas Celebrations, Founder's Day Celebrations, D Day!, Ultimate Frisbee, Running, Biking, Basketball, FurnishWEB, Good Clients, Bad Clients, Foosball, the Bunker, I'll cherish all my ID memories! “You're going to have to cut your vacation short, the Colonel needs you back in the office NOW.”

I wish you the best and look forward to following along as you continue to grow FurnishWEB!! I'll truly miss being a part of the ID Team. Thanks for everything :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
9:27 PM

That was really sweet, J. They're lucky to have had you as well.

Jeff said...
9:47 PM

Well we'll always have facebook. If you and the fam want to run the Rock and Roll marathon again you always have lodging :)

Or just come by and hang at the pool.

* Hug *

Jeff

Barry said...
11:05 PM

Thanks for all the memories, Jil. Its been such a blessing working with you all these years. I already miss you a lot.

You're an intelligent and beautiful person. I know you'll succeed in all life's adventures.

God is with you and may his blessings be upon you, Todd, Roo all your days.

So long!

Mandy said...
6:20 AM

What are you doing now?

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.