Now that I'm actually getting into shape - my mind is starting the think crazy thoughts. "If I can run 10 miles on April 3rd - why not do a half marathon in May - I'm practically there!" Etc etc.
These are the races/events that are on my radar. Trying to figure out which ones I can realistically do. Training wise AND budget wise! It's ambitious for sure.
April 3, DC - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. I'm really excited to run through Washington and check out all the sites! Hopefully the trees will be in bloom.
April 30, Marion, VA - Mountain Do Triathlon. 10K Run, 3K Canoe/Kayak, 20K Mountain Bike. This is a somewhat local race and I've wanted to do it for years - but it's always the same weekend as the Nashville Rock N Roll half. I wonder how serious the mountain biking is? That will be my weakness!
May 1, Cincinnati, OH - Flying Pig Half Marathon. I've had friends run this one and they have nothing but good stuff to say. I'd rather find a half the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May - but I don't know of any. I like to run large 1/2 marathons so there are lots of runners and fans :) (Possible alternatives the Capital City Half in Columbus, OH on May 7th or Two Rivers Heritage Half Marathon in Harper's Ferry, WV on May 14th?)
May 28, Radford, VA - Wilderness Road Ride. A local event for the cycling community. Probably the 58 mile distance. Maybe the 78 depending on how much biking I can get in. (Might not be much if I do the 1/2.)
June 18, Warm Springs, VA - Bath County Triathlon. 750 Meter Swim, 20K Bike, 5K Run.
June 24 - 29, New River Valley, VA - Bike Virginia. Between 50 and 60 miles/day for 5 days. This is one of those things on my bucket list. Not sure if this will be the year - but I WILL DO IT one of these days.
Obviously I won't be training to WIN any of these :) Just a little challenge that adds some fun to working out. I'm just focused on crossing the finish line.
Anyone want to join in the fun??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ooh ooh I might join you for the tri in April! I just love off-road races and it's not toooo long of one. :) I haven't done hardly any mtn biking lately either so maybe we could just stick together and do it as a "team" :) let me know!
A Cherry Blossom run would be SO pretty. Isn't it wonderful that the weather is warming up a bit? I really love running outside, especially when I get to run toward the Chicago skyline. It's so beautiful!
Post a Comment