Square Ring

This might be a long story.. sorry... there is a point..

Prologue:
My great grandmother IDA MARY had a childhood friend named ALTA, she liked the name so she named one of her daughters ALTA. ALTA was sister to my grandmother IDA MAY. Supposedly when IDA MAY was on her way to the hospital to deliver my mom, my uncle (4yrs old at the time) pipes up and says why don't we name her ALTA JEAN. So now we have ALTA #2. Obviously...me being ALTA JILIAN, I am ALTA #3. So there you have. 3 crazy women named ALTA, who all surprisingly have very similar personalities.

Prologue 2:
(ALTA, the storyteller, tells this story way way way better then me!)
ALTA #1 had a step son George. Who I have heard nothing but good things about. A real character, charming, etc. Once upon a time, I think in his college days he happened upon these square rings, they made him think of ALTA and her square personality (or something like that/whatever that means) and he bought them for her. He passed away maybe 15 years ago in a construction accident. Anyways.. his reasoning for buying these crazy rings reminds her of who he was, and they are special to her. You get the picture.

Story:
Well a couple years ago she gave a ring to me and a ring to my mom. So each ALTA has a square ring :) I love it. And it always reminds me of family. Just one of those special things I own, no material value, but a world of value to me. I wear it almost everyday!! A couple months ago I went to put it on, and it wasn't with my rings. No worries, I looked a couple places. At work, at my parents house, though all my jewerly, everywhere! And no ring. Really sad :( I have kept an eye out for it hoping I stashed it somewhere.. and just forgot. Somewhere safe :)

Ok here's the point of the story... This morning as I was leaving for work I grabbed my keys from the basket by the door.. and did a double take. Is that my... YES IT IS!! My square ring!!! What a way to start a monday morning!! It made my day!!

In addition it's sooooo warm. I think 33 degrees when I left the gym. That's a heat wave compared to the single digit temps at Snowshoe this weekend!!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.