1/2 Marathon - Check

Yep that's right. I completed my first 1/2 marathon and even ran the whole thing. Well all but maybe .1 of a mile on the last hill around mile 11, my heart was real high so I decided I should walk a bit on the hill.. then was like what am I thinking.. keep running! Here are my race stats...

Time - 2:11:29
Pace - 10:02
Race - 3618 out of 9253
Gender - 1535 out of 5477
Division - 338 out of 1028

I had so much fun I've already signed up for my second 1/2 Marathon. The Virginia Beach Rock N Roll Sept 5th! I've even managed to convince M to run it with me :) I am looking forward to finishing a little bit faster :)

The whole weekend was a blast. It was great to spend time with my friends after being in Fairfax for over 3 weeks!! We started out with a night in Knoxville at Cotton Eyed Joe's. Great atmosphere, lacking some in the country music and good dances.. but still a fun night! Even got Mom out there to do the electric slide :) Then it was off to Nashville. We checked out the Expo, got some goodies, found the hotel then headed downtown for fried pickles and a spaghetti dinner. The spaghetti was ehh but the company was great! This whole weekend was filled with laughter! It was sooo fun!! Sat morning came and so did the rain, and thunder, and lightening! The race started 30 min late and no one really warmed up and stretched. The rain stopped just in time though and left a nice cool breezy morning, perfect weather for running 13.1 and probably my saving grace! It's definitely an experience running with 16,000 people, live bands, cheerleader squads, the streets lined with folks cheering you on... the first 10 miles passed really fast. The last 3 seemed to drag on forever but they were still fun! M and M were too busy watching a guy come back to find his wife and hold her hand and encourage her on to the end and they almost missed me.. I screamed at them.. but not in time for them to get my picture.. Oh well :) Next time I will have to try and be part of the cute moment :) All 7 of us that went from the burg finished our races :) And I think all 7 of us plus some more are planning to run in VB :) After showers we headed to Franklin for a bar-b-que. WOW is all I can say about the food! mm mmm good! Then it was off to the CDJ and Brad Paisley concert. It was awesome.. of course Brad didn't play long enough.. but he never does! Then we hit the town. Legends, a Kareoke Bar (printers alley), an Irish Pub, the Wild Horse, Second Fiddle, then pizza at 3am :) (yeah all this after waking up at 4:30am and running 13.1 miles) I don't think Nashville was ready for us! Sunday we hit a street fair in Franklin full of arts crafts and food :) Then headed home. Yeah this is long.. and doesn't include the half of it... it felt like we where there much longer then a weekend!

Now I'm back in Fairfax for a couple more weeks. Still no wheels, I'll update you on that later.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.