and the answer is....

BLUD. Nothing to do with the body fluid. Found out this weekend it stands for Big Lick Ultimate Disc. Thought since I talked so much about the Blacksburg Mountain High Tournament I should let ya'll know how it went. Honestly.. I was really not looking forward to playing all day sat.. but I committed.. so I was there at 8:30AM :) I'm really glad M and I played. Though our team was definitely not the best.. ok maybe the worst... we have a blast. I had no clue how good some of the teams would be! It was great to watch and learn! And learn we did, I'd have to say that was the best Ultimate either of us have played. We won one of the 6 games we played... a couple were blow-outs, a couple we could have easily won with a little more of the luck on our side. Matt gave me 'layout' lessons starting from stage one (on your knees) through stage ?? (on your feet diving for the disc). I have yet to use my new skills in a game.. maybe this thursday :) Picked up some new terminology too... SAVAGE - playing with no subs. Also learned they don't use the 'F' word :) haha I am no worse for the wear.. cept for a couple rolled ankles. Ankle braces are on order :)

Exciting stuff this week:
~ GARY ALLAN! New River Valley Fair wed night :) Might just be the closest Gary has been to Blacksburg! I don't know for sure... but this is something like show 29.
~ Ultimate Summer League Tournament thurs - Shout Out to M and R: Hillbilly Biatches are going down :)
~ Weekend - I'm in town.. with no real plans :) WOOHOO!
~ Saturday - H makes her first stop on her Orlando to LA cross country tour in the BURG :)

SIDENOTE - It's 80's tuesday - Currently playing: Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn :)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.