FEAR THE MONKEY

A 15-7 (i think) victory over Red Rover clinched the 'regular season champions' title for the THUNDER MONKEYS :) Next thursday night we will win the end of the season tournament :) Then there will be no doubt who the best team is :)

Last night's game was actually really fun. I was the only girl for my team, so I got to play all night. I felt a huge improvement in my game. Maybe not that I played that much better, but I felt more comfortable and not so scared when I got the disc, my throws were on target too.. and not always dumps :) I was making decent offensive cuts which meant I was seeing more of the disc... I still need to work on this though. My team is also very encouraging which is nice. They're always saying 'good d' which just makes me want to keep playing hard :) Especially when I'm marking the frisbee god in a zone d... and can barely breathe I'm so worn out :) I'm really glad R talked M and I into playing, we've had tons of fun, learned lots, and met some great new people :)

#1 lesson learned. Ultimate Players are INSANE. Life revolves around Ultimate! They are laid back yet very intense. M and I got talked into playing in the Blacksburg Mountain High tournament this weekend. Sounds like fun, get in a couple games over two days. Oh. no no no, not just a couple games. I just found out the schedule. Sat.. we start at 9am and play 5 hour and half games with 15 minute breaks inbetween. Meaning games will end at 5:30. I told you they are insane! Sat night is some big party.. then we get to play a couple more games on sunday. Should be a very interesting :) Fun and TIRING. This may be my first and last Ultimate tournament :)

Here are some team names to make you laugh:
Summer League:
Thunder Monkeys
Acid Rain
Hillbilly Biatches
Red Rover

BMH Tourney:
Olio
Hillbilly Porn Stars
Team Ape Shit
BLUD
Soul Patrol
Elvis Needs Boats
Monkey Knife Fight
Motherless Goat

What happen to normal team names?? So guess what team we are on for the tournament?

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Villa M. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.