So this is old news - but I wanted to blog about all my board trips this winter. J and I headed up to snowshoe last weekend, yes when it was still summertime. We had booked a great deal a couple weeks before not realizing there would be a heat wave. We weren't too excited about the snow, but it was great to have a weekend to catch up. Friday night we met up with my friend K who is working up there this winter and went to the Comedy Club. I'm a little weary of comedy clubs these days, seems the more they cuss the more people laugh - not me, but we'd never been and I wanted to give it a shot. The best part was that since K was with us it only cost $3 instead of $13. It wasn't too bad a show... for $3, wouldn't a been worth $13. I think a couple of the audience members were funnier then the comics. Then K and I headed to Connections, the dance club. Met some of the folks she works with, talked to Conner from New Zealand for a while. Why someone would come to the states to work at a ski resort and end up in W VA instead of CO or UT has me confused!
It drizzled all friday night which made me even less excited about the snow! We got up, ate breakfast, watched a movie, went down to the village, ate lunch, then decided we might as well head out and see how the conditions were :) It's so crazy to be able to see the ground up there... usually it's packed snow everywhere!! The snow was all man-made, granular icey. Only down the center of the slopes with some bare spots. I was plesantly surprised though. It was slightly faster then powder which was great for me on the flatter runs. It was kinda fun to weave between beginners and bare spots on the narrow runs :) It was really nice not to be frozen solid :) We spent some time at Snowshoe then headed down to Silver Creek. Stayed in and watched a movie Sat night. Sunday night they actually made snow and groomed the slopes, so the conditions were a bit better, less bare spots. We spent a couple hours on the mtn before heading home. I spent about an hour on the western territory. I little bit icey but not too bad, very tiring!!!
Forgot to mention, we stayed at Mountain Lodge, mostly one bedroom condos, nice enough but def not the best the offer, more like a hotel room. Well... we happened to be in one that was privately owned and very very nice! The kitchen had been redone, comfy couch, wood accents on everything, wooden blinds, DVD player... I think we'll be requesting that room from now on!
So even though I was skeptical it was a great trip! Not the greatest conditions but we still spent lots of time on the slopes and had a blast!! Can't wait for trip #3 :)
PS. This was the first trip for my new roof rack/cargo box. It passed the Beta Test :)
PPS. I found PINK PANTS :) WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment