I wish I had a before picture when this was the office - but as usually I get too excited about a project and forget to take those. The room has remained blue but we did upgrade the windows, add plantation shutters, and install a ceiling fan/light! Love them all - makes me wonder why we waited for 'nugget' to make these improvements!
Since there are no curtains I knew I wanted to add a little more color to the space. I found the striped fabric at Ikea and made the closet curtains, book racks, bed runner, and pillow. Todd has pointed out I have thing for stripes. True - but these are not the SAME stripes that are in the craft room!
And looking the other way you may not even be able to tell it's a nursery. We've kept the queen bed in here so we have room for all the guests we love to have visit! Haven't quite figured out what to do with the wall - maybe a headboard? Maybe some artwork.
The furniture is from one of our clients Westwood Design and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I've actually been crushin' on this crib since they released it a couple years ago! Once we know nuggets name I hope to hang these adorable initial prints above the dresser.
The rocking chair in the corner is from my Great Aunt's house. Always fun to have some family pieces. Hopefully it'll be super comfy to spend lots of time in!The 'artwork' is my design idea. We've had friends and family coloring in 'animal' pictures and writing little notes for nugget. I love this personal touch and we'll be able to scrapbook the pages for keeping. I figure maybe next year I'll hang the alphabet and eventually nuggets own artwork!

I saw the book sling idea over at Penny Carnival and new it would add some fun to the space. Super easy and fun to make!
Last but not least the closet. I spent lots of time pouring over the Ikea catalog deciding how to better use this space. We have a bookshelf on the right and two stacked Trofast frames. They work great in the closet now and will be great transitional pieces later for toys!Now all we need is a baby :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment