Is it really March in 2 days? A little over a month til the race!
I was able to make time for 2 runs and the final indoor soccer game of the year this week. No swimming :( (Remember this was an abbreviated week because Week 5 rolled over into Monday :) So technically I ran 13 miles!)
Wednesday's 4 mile run was outside. I underestimated how cool it was, wish I had worn gloves. It wasn't a great run - but wasn't bad either. 43 minutes. The most important thing was I DID IT. Check.
Thursday's soccer game felt good. We didn't have subs and I didn't die. I've been a little rough around the edges since I haven't touched a soccer ball in over a year - and all my leg muscles went to pot during pregnancy. Finally I feel like I have a bit of my touch back. Looking forward to the Spring season!
Most surprising was how well Saturday's run went! It's been a long time since I've been past mile 1 on the Huckleberry. I can't say I missed the hills - but it was also strangely comforting. Like being home. I forgot the Garmin - but that's not so bad. It's freeing to run without a clock. BUT the run went pretty well and I felt strong - so now I wonder how my pace was :) I love runs were I don't have the mind battle - constantly thinking 'I can't make it' and having to psyche myself up. The weather was beautiful, my body felt good, lots of traffic on the trail, I focused on 1/2 mile at a time and the hour flew by!
That being said... I'm still glad there's two weeks before my next long run! And only 2 long runs left before race day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment